Friday, February 5, 2010

Whole Wheat Sourdough

I was going to blog about the breakfast I made today (breakfast seems to be coming around 1pm these days), however none of my pictures made it look appetizing, so nix that. I will tell you that it was a piece of this Whole Wheat Sourdough with white wine scrambled eggs on top, covered with a spicy butter tomato sauce.

Back to the bread. In the scheme of things, this particular whole wheat starter that I've been working with as of late, is number 2. This loaf (pictured above) is #3. I used white wine vinegar to cut the wheat favor to a tolerable level. It came out really good, in fact I ate 2 slices right out of the gate. For the next loaf, I will be aiming at a wetter dough. I am trying to replicate the airy-ness of the whole wheat sourdough that Trader Joe's sells. I believe if I can replicate this airy-ness and spongy-ness, I will have a commercially viable bread.

The bread pictured to the left here are another batch of Balsamic Sourdough. I will hopefully be selling one of these loafs to one of my neighbors and the other two will be given out as gifts. I think I'm going to start giving out the first loaf free and charge for the second, starting at $3 a loaf. I will continue to give out loaves as presents as well.

In other news, I've been thinking about applying for a business license and using some of my tax return to pay for it. Mel and I want to get a business license together and move forward to getting a vending license. With the combination of these two, we could branch out into offering more than just bread, for example perhaps running a taco cart, etc. Also, I would like to start advertising my bread on craigslist, but I don't want to start until I'm legit. Let me know what you think, below in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment