Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Now orginally I was going to make pasta for dinner with Turkey-Basil Meatballs and these rolls. Then the idea morphed into Turkey Sliders and a pasta salad. Of course, I was too tired to make all this so again the idea morphed into turkey sliders and potatoes.
Of course like most people, I am not perfect and neither is my food all the time. Yes, these burgers came out perfect. You might notice the potatoes are not pictured... But here's another picture of the sliders!
Spicy Turkey Sliders: Freshly made bread, spicy turkey patties, rosted jalepeno, lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Everything made fresh by me, from scatch, today (8-9-11).
Friday, June 3, 2011
Monday, January 31, 2011
I'm finally getting around to working on this bike. It was orginally a Honda Hobbit PA-II. From what I've heard, this is one of the most desirable mopeds. This is also the first moped I ever bought. Now I have decided to rebuild it from the ground up for Melbert. This is the story of the first Mobbit.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
We stopped here for some liquid refreshments (@ the liquor store). Not the kind of bar you want to use the bathroom in, for sure...
A pretty view from a bridge.
Getting ready to leave. It was a good thing too, cause the sun was about to set and it was gettinng cold. The ranger stopped us before we left to make sure we weren't gonna ride any of the trails on the way out. Yeah for sure dood! These are mopeds, not dirt bikes...
Monday, January 24, 2011
This is the front view of the bottom of the box.
Looks like I'll have to come up on some sturdier recycled wood or buy some. Anyone got plywood and 2x4's? I can pick it up, just let me know... firstname.lastname@example.org
First I built this frame at the end of the garden bed. When I sized up this project, I found that the back fence was really sturdy as well as having small holes in just about the right places to attach bailing wire for my frame. So that's what I did. I built the frame and securely attached it to the bottom of the garden bed 2x6. Then I carefully drove in some roofing nails that I had into the top of the frame. These nails are what I fastened the bailing wire to.
After securing the bailing wire to the fence and my frame it was time weed the garden bed and put some clear plastic over it all.
At the bottom of each side, I stapled the plastic to the bottom of the bed. For the front I just folded the excess plastic around, like I was wrapping a present. For the time being I used duct tape to hold it all in place.
Since building the green house, several problems have arose. One was rain. As it turns out, the 2x6's that were used to frame the garden bed were not as securely fastened to each other as they had appeared. Regardless, I don't think this structure secure or not would stand up to a large puddle of water on it's roof. As it turns out, the frame I built was pulled over due to a puddle on the roof. Luckily our house sitter worked it out temporarily while we were out of town. However there is more bad news. Late last week, I was getting ready to fix it, when I came home from work to find the plastic all gone. Bummer. Unfortunately there are a lot of bums in Downtown San Jose with sticky fingers.... And of course now, we seem to be going through some sort of warming trend, so I have no need for it at the moment. When it decides to get cold again, you'll be able to find me back at the drawing board.