Tuesday, February 2, 2010

MopedHead Expands!

Last Sunday, Jan. 31st, 2010, five prospects were made official MopedHeads. We now stand 16 strong. The brief ceremony was held at State St., with Droidy Pendejo swearing in the new members.
Andrew & Dave

Robbie & Nicole

Ben Jamin

After a some cheers, we went in search of the perfect group photo. The first place we gathered was an alley between 2nd & 3rd and Virginia & Martha. We got some good photos here, however I think the next set with the water tower were way cooler.

After the photo shoot, we were off for another epic ride. Droid had planned a doosy for this one. Hicks Road with plans of riding to the summit of that area and then coming back out in Los Gatos. Well we got a bit of a late start and it turns out that one of the roads we went in search of was actually a trail.




Since it was evident that Woods Rd was actually a dirt trail and Mt Umunhum is too steep for the average moped, it was time to turn around. Actually we kept going, and took Hicks down to Alamitos Rd.
After everyone caught up we went left on Alamitos Road. Alamitos Road connects with Old Almaden and then spills into Almaden Expressway. While we were jammin down Almaden Exp. my pipe broke and fell off. I knew something was up cause suddenly my exhaust got a lot louder. I just thought that my pipe was loose. Yeah it was loose alright! Here we tried to create a coupling out of a Hamm's can and some hose clamps.
That lasted for almost a 1/4 mile. Ha! After looking around the second area where we were forced to stop, we decided that if I wanted to make it back, I'd have to ride my bike without a muffler. Just the exhaust header and the remains of the Hamm's coupling, kinda crimped to create an illusion of back presure. At this point we were down to five riders, two in front of me and the unlucky two behind me. Luckily we were on Almaden Expressway, on a Sunday evening, so we didn't draw to much unwanted attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment