Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cinnamon Raisin French Toast with Pear Compote

Late last night I baked two loaves of bread. One was a Sweet Cinnamon Raisin Sourdough (pictured here) and a Whole Wheat Sourdough. Mel suggested the sweet sourdough be used to make French Toast. Once again I was off and running.

The pear compote was reduced in orange zest, lemon juice and a splash of apple cider vinegar, as well as sugar and water. I should have reduced the pear down more, until they were really tender. Sometimes when you start cooking breakfast at 2:30 in the afternoon, things go haywire, cause your hungry and impatient, as was the case here. Next time I would ease up on the orange zest, use either the lemon or apple cider and reduce the pear until I had both a syrup and some tender chunks. Stay tuned for the next attempt. Oh yeah, even though I was impatient this breakfast dish was soooooo good, Mel and I thought we were having dessert for breakfast. Bad Monkeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment