Monday, January 31, 2011

Chapter I: A Mobbit is Born

Formerally known as a Honda Hobbit, this new bike has been christened as a Honda Mobbit MA-II. Here it is as seen in the womb via the ultra-sound. DOB: January 30th, 2011.

I'm finally getting around to working on this bike. It was orginally a Honda Hobbit PA-II. From what I've heard, this is one of the most desirable mopeds. This is also the first moped I ever bought. Now I have decided to rebuild it from the ground up for Melbert. This is the story of the first Mobbit.

Triple Tree

The Heart Case and Groin (typically known as the engine mount and pedal crank) The heart case came out great, however upon closer inspection, will require another coat.

Unfortuately the spine (main frame) will not fit in the incubator (oven) so I will have to hand feed it (paint it). Luckily the spine will be mostly covered, so hopefully not too much paint will be exposed to chip off.





Next Time: Chapter II: Mobbit as a Toddler

No comments:

Post a Comment